Runners Information - Nailsworth Mills 10k
Welcome to the Nailsworth 10k & Nelly runners information. Please read the following, and if you have a question, contact us.
Check you're on the Entry List >>>Please Check and if anything is missing or wrong, please get in touch asap, but don't panic it'll get sorted. However leaving it to race day is too late to sort out administration issues.
- Final instructions email. Didn't receive it? Well sometimes emails go missing, but don't worry you can view it here once it has been sent out
- Read the rules Although as a participant, you've already declared that you agree to the rules & regulations, but just double check as it's easy to get events mixed up. 1. The Insurance & Permit issuers information can be found at http://runningclubs.org.uk/ARC_rules.pdf 2. Iamoutdoors Rules >>>>
- Check you’re on the Entry List >>> Please Check and if anything is missing or wrong, please get in touch asap, but don’t panic it’ll get sorted. However leaving it to race day is too late to sort out administration issues.
- Final instructions email. Didn’t receive it? Well sometimes emails go missing, but don’t worry you can view it here once it has been sent out
- Read the rules Although as a participant, you’ve already declared that you agree to the rules & regulations, but just double check as it’s easy to get events mixed up. 1. The Insurance & Permit issuers information can be found at http://runningclubs.org.uk/ARC_rules.pdf 2. Iamoutdoors Rules >>>>
- Race Director: Simon Barnes – 07939 102102
- Race Referee: Dawn Barnes
- Marshal Manager:
- Junior Race Director: Nikki Fowles
- First Aid: Start/Finish Staff: SImon & Dawn Barnes, plus Steve Barnes at Water Station
- Any Emergency: 999
- WHEN: Sunday 23rd June 2019
- WHERE: RACE HQ – Town Hall Old Bristol Road, Nailsworth, Stroud GL6 0JF START/FINISH – King George V playing fields, Nailsworth, Gloucestershire,
- SATNAV: GL6 0JF is Town Hall (visit: google maps )
- RACE NUMBER COLLECTION: from 8am
- RACE START: 10k – 10am *** The Nelly & Family 3k – 9am
Before you leave homeWe want you to have a great running experience, however, if you feel unwell before the start please seek medical advice, do not take part or or if you still wish to take part then please check your fitness and look at www.runnersmedicalresource.com for information and advice related to running events. Please give yourself plenty of time to arrive, park and register. The last thing you want on event morning is to panic because you are running late (pun intended). We would suggest one hour before your event start time.
Be prepared – WeatherThis is a hilly, muddy 10k Trail Race in mid spring, so please wear appropriate shoes and clothing for the terrain and weather conditions. Although we will advise of the weather conditions expected a few days, this is only a forecast and things change. Therefore, please check the day before, MetOffice >>>
Previous Medical ConditionsIf you have a known medical condition not declared upon event application or a change in a previous condition that you feel may affect you during this event, then you are advised to inform us as organisers of this change/addition.
Parking and DirectionsThere is some parking at the Race HQ, Nailsworth Town Hall (GL6 0JF) and in the Public Car Park next to the Co-Op (GL6 0DU) All remaining parking will be in the streets nearby However, if you struggle you can go to the Nailsworth Mills Industrial Estate, head for Wyevale Garden Centre (GL6 0BS) and as you turn off the Avening Road, just before the big gates, there is a car park on your right through a narrow entrance belonging to the industrial estate. (approx 10mins from Race HQ). Don’t park in Wyevale Garden Centre or at Morrisons How to get to Race HQ
You on race day Here is some information once you arrive at the event venue and Good Luck in the race!
Race number collectionRegistration will open from 8am from Race HQ, Nailsworth Town Hall. UKA affiliated athletes and other Club members may be required to prove their Club Affiliation by showing their UKA licence or other respective ID at registration. Please remember your licence otherwise we may have to charge you the additional unaffiliated £2 on the day.
Attaching your BibYour Bib, which is also your timing chip, must be worn on the front of either your vest or shorts and must be visible at all times. If covered up it may not get registered on the Start/Finish line. NOTE: Incorrect attachment may results in no finishing time Safety briefing Please assemble by the Start Line at 10mins before the start for a race briefing, which will give you the latest update on the course and any issues you need to be aware. The use of headphones or music players The Race permit for this event strongly advises that runners do not wear personal headphones/earphones to listen to iPods, MP3 players, smartphones or other personal music players whilst participating in the event. Why? Running whilst wearing headphones/earphones significantly reduces your ability to hear traffic, individual vehicles, instructions and warnings from the police, marshals and other people, and generally distracts your attention, increasing the risk of accident or injury to yourself and possibly other people. If however you choose to participate in the event using such a device you accept full responsibility for your own safety and for the safety of anyone else who may be affected by your acts or omissions. NOTE: You must remove your ear plugs completely when approaching a Road Junction or Crossing and you will be disqualified if you don’t adhere to this request.
The route A route map will be available at the start/finish, but there are plenty of marshals and signs around the course. All road junctions will be marshaled or suitably have warning signs, but marshals are not there to help you cross the road and are by law not allowed to interfere with road traffic. You cross all roads (this includes Junctions even though you are on the main road/pavement) at your own risk, so please look left, look right and again before crossing the road.