- 05:00hrs Arrive with Trailer at Painswick Rugby Club and unload
- 05:30hrs Setup Start/Finish area
- 06:30hrs Mark out route in field 1
- 07:30am Putting up large Tents
- 07:45hrs Registration Staff meet in hall for briefing
- 08:00hrs Registration opens in the Hall
- 08:00hrs Marking out Junior Course in 2 adjacent fields
- 08:30am Marshals for Rudolphs Dash assemble at Start
- 08:45hrs Rudolphs Dash registration closes
- 08:45hrs Marshals for Rudolphs Dash need to be at designated Marshal points
- 08:55hrs Rudolphs Dash briefing for runners at Start
- 09:00hrs Rudolphs Dash start
- 09:10hrs First Dash runners expected
- 09:15hrs Marshals for Rudolphs Rampage assemble at start/finish area
- 09:20hrs Last Dash runners expected
- 09:30hrs Rudolphs Dash Prize presentation
- 09:45hrs Marshals need to at designated Marshal points
- 09:45hrs Rudolphs Rampage registration closes
- 09:50hrs Guide participants to start line
- 09:55hrs Race briefing
- 10:00hrs Race start
- 10:30hrs First runner expected
- 11:15hrs Last runners expected
- 11:30hrs Prize presentation
- 11:40hrs Raffle
- 12:00hrs Remove all signage & marking from fields
- 12:30hrs Clear up Start/Finish area & pack up trailer
- 13:00hrs Remove all signage from Rudolphs Rampage course
- 15:00hrs Depart Painswick Rugby Club
Events Director – Simon Barnes (07939102102)
Race Referee – Dawn Barnes
- Dawn Barnes
- Nikki Fowles
- Lucy Tearle
- Simon Barnes
- Bea Brandish
- Rudolphs Dash – Nikki Fowles
- Rudolphs Rampage – Simon Barnes
Note: List is at the bottom of the page
The Rudolphs Rampage is a multi-terrain event and therefore not traffic free.
Although, the course will have directional arrows, distance markers and signs to warn other road users there will be runners on the road, it is the Marshals job, to be at all relevant road intersections, major junctions and where there is a significant change of course direction.
As a Marshal you are required to direct and assist runners. You are not to interfere with traffic, but instead to make runners aware of any traffic within their near vicinity. It is then the individual runners responsibility to adhere to the Highway Code.
“Traffic control is not within a marshal’s remit”
To be an effective marshals you must be clearly visible and alert to all road users. Make sure you are wearing suitable clothing for the weather conditions, taking into consideration how long you are likely to be marshalling. A Hi-Viz Jacket is compulsory and will be provided for you.
As a Marshal you need to communicate with the runners, by pointing, waving, shouting or talking – all are appropriate at different times. It is important that any signals are clear and given early.
You should familiarise yourself with the route and in particular your Marshalling Point and if necessary download it from the website in advance. Any questions or uncertainties should be dealt with before race day.
Your role as a marshal is critical to the safety of the runners, so this is what you need top do.
before you leave to go to your Marshalling Point
- you must give a contact number to the Marshal Manager
- collect a Hi-Viz Jacket
- if necessary take a First Aid
- leave in plenty of time to get to where you are going
you need to know the following
- where you are meant to be positioned on the course
- the time you need to be in position
- where the runners will be coming from
- the direction you need to give the runners.
- the time you can stand down
- how to contact the Race Director
- where the nearest first aid/medical point is located
- and what to do in an emergency
after you stand down, you should return to Race HQ, give back you Hi-Viz jacket and any other equipment and check in with the Marshal Manager. Then raise any points of concern or other information that is relevant to the Event.
In an emergency
In a genuine Emergency, you need to contact the relevant emergency service as soon as possible and try to contact the nearest First Aider (and Race Director). Remember to get other runners to help out, too. Do not leave your Marshalling Point until someone comes to relieve you.
If a runner can’t continue (non emergency)
You should make a note of the runners number and advise them to make their way back to the Race HQ. If they are too ill or injured, but non-critical, you should try and contact the nearest First Aid station or Race Director, who will send a sweeper car to take runners back to Race HQ. Only offer someone a lift if it is in your opinion safe to do so.
For any further questions regarding Marshalling, please contact the Events Director.
|Parking||Steve Barnes & Andy Jarrett||Car parking||08:00 – 09:30|
|Race Numbers (Dash)||Dawn Barnes||Race HQ||08:00 – 09:45|
|Race Numbers (Rampage)||Dawn Barnes, Nikki Fowles & Lucy Tearle||Race HQ||08:00 – 09:45|
|Start||Simon Barnes||Start Line||08:45 – 11:30|
|M1||Steve Barnes||Stepping Stone Lane||10:00-10:05||Runners turn right down hill|
|M2||Jackie Knights & Rob||Stepping Stone Lane||10:00-10:05||Runnes go through hole in wall on to footpath|
|M3||Emma Wright (Sweeper) & Jon Batterham||Footbridge||10:00-10:15||Runners must cross a weir|
|M4||Simon Pickering||By House before ascent||10:00-10:15||Runners will trun left up the hill|
|M5||Claire Young||Wick Street||10:00-10:30||Runners will exit footpath and turn left|
|M6||Rob (2)||Juniper Hill||10:00-10:30||Runners will turn right off road up footpath|
|M7||Farm Turn Left||10:00-10:50||Runners will turn sharp left down narrow footpath towards the Woods|
|M8||Jo Creed||Bulls X||10:00-10:50||Runners will turn left off main path into narrow footpath in the trees|
|M9||Melanie Niven||Yorkhouse Lane||10:00-10:50||Runners will cross road directly|
|M10||Kings Mill Lane before the incline||10:15-11:15||Runners will cross road and go up grass bank|
|M11||Rob||Turning left before Church||10:15-11:15||Runners will turn left off road up a narrow paved footpath towards the church|
|M12||Church Entrance||10:15-11:15||Runners will enter Churuch yard and go straight through to A46|
|M13||Steve Barnes||A46 Crossing||10:15-11:15||Runners will cross A46 and turn right onto Edge Road|
|M13a||Jackie Knights||A46 / Edge Lane||10:15-11:15||Direct Runners down Edge Lane|
|M14||Edge Lane||10:15-11:15||Runners will turn left off Edge Road into field|
|Finish||Simon Barnes||Finish Line||08:45 – 11:30|